Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Stand

I suppose I ought to write something after half a week has passed, including some momentous occasions such as graduation ceremony on Monday. Graduation felt like a matter of performing my role as graciously and courteously as possible for the benefit and delight of my family, as well as fiancée's family. My mother was actively taking photos of my fiancée and I every waking moment, as well as every visible opportunity, with every possible photogenic variation of family cameos exhausted. I suspect quite honestly that my mother took over a hundred photos, not including the many memorable opportunities filmed with her digital video recorder, too. Keeping up in true Hilary Swank style following the great event my fiancée, her family and I stopped off at Taco Bell to glut our famished stomachs - the graduation reception offering little more than lemonade, fruit punch, three types of sandwiches and cake when it came to food. The best part? When my mom pledged to give my fiancée and I, as graduation gifts, enough money to cover the majority of the expenses for our trip to Trinidad in August.

Otherwise I slept in, exhausted and stressed from all the fuss after graduation Monday, worked yesterday afternoon and evening, and finished reading the trilogy of Arthurian romances attributed to Robert de Boron earlier. Back to reading King's The Stand - for me: a fair-paced, developing book to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home