Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Friday, June 09, 2006

The Sleep of Reason

Quite a few busy nights this week: simply working a full shift from 3 to 11:30, and afterward heading out to the bar to help clean, close and clear the place for Viv in the wee hours of the morning.

Early in the morning - often before I head to bed for the night - I've also been trying to write a second article on 'Dating and Marriage' for an upcoming issue of a friend's Christian e-zine: Alive.Born.

Otherwise I finished reading Cujo and subsequently decided to keep reading Stephen King. Next: The Stand.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr J said...

Good luck with The Stand. I thought it an excruciatingly dull book, and badly-written to boot. No King fan I, but I know several King fans who think that book little more than a paperweight. Avoid, though, at all costs the dreadful miniseries they did of it a while ago.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Davyth said...

Well, to quell your fears I should admit that I put The Stand down over the past weekend to read Robert de Boron's Arthurian cycle - Joseph of Arimathea, Merlin and Perceval - and I'm just getting to the last tale. Not quite a King fan yet, but King's books are something I can read peacefully on my breaks to pass the time at my warehouse job.

Being somewhat a fan of Lovecraft's Weird tales, I will admit King is one of the few thrilling writers of horror I know of - which probably says more about my limited knowledge, even though I can list a few other great modern horror-meisters: Peter Straub, Ramsey Campbell, to name a few. King is, like Lovecraft, a full-fledged pulp writer, writing more from the gut than the mind.

Any recommendations?

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home