Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, June 17, 2006

And Fled From the Sepulchre

I have very little to say these days, even apart from a few, selective events in my daily personal life which I choose to admit. Trying to keep old habits, I suppose, like always keeping apace reading a fresh book, but the intensity that comes with competing against other people has withered over the last year. One goal I set for myself is to read every single book, word for word, and line after line of the King James Bible. Yesterday, I sat down and started reading the Gospel of Mark from start to end for the first time, and just finished it earlier today. The motivation for reading Mark in particular? Reading Harold Bloom's acclaimed and very unique, Jewish scholarly examination of (and partial attack on) the Bible, the 'New Testament' and typical Christian - i.e. Frygean - exegesis in Jesus and Yahweh: The Names Divine.

There is working of course, but for me that goes without saying.

The truly grave matter? Saving for that upcoming wedding next year, and, periodically, keeping my fiancée sane as heaps of pressure from arrangements for the great event begin to accumulate.

Then what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home