Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Volte-Face

My apologies for the abrupt, melodramatic post left yesterday exonerating me from posting for a time. Unfortunately I've been prone to this sort of abrasive reaction of late, my patience giving in to transitory frustrations, due to recent events. As usual, a few 'swift kicks' of advice, and reality, have made me realize how foolish, daft and rash this choice is for me.
On the literary front, as school is approaching imminently, my books for various classes are arriving deus ex machina by mail. Only a few days ago, Northrop Frye's Double Vision, a collection of Brocken Brown stories, and McLuhan's Laws of Media came via snail-mail. In one day I managed to read Frye's Double Vision, chiefly because his clear, spiritual vision was a breath of fresh, holy air. As well, a collection of short stories by China MiƩville was finally released yesterday, August 30th, called Looking For Jake. I look forward to Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys in September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home