Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Blazing Saddle, Or
Back In The Saddle Again

A few nights ago Blazing Saddles was played on television, though I forget the channel. An entertaining, hilarious spoof of those 'ole John Wayne-esque westerns nonetheless. It is a great curious , if not serendipitous coincidence that I saw this movie and now it lends its name as an apt title. Yesterday, Viv and I made a generous offer to buy a new (used) car - our first car together, a 2001 Sunfire - and the dealership accepted it. Now we need to scamble to gather the appropriate insurance paperwork, a cheque and scrawling my John Hancock across myriad forms. When all is said and done, indeed, we will ride off into the sunset--err, Sunfire.

I had intended to post this great news at the stroke of midnight, however, a midnight snack called me away, quite literally. My fiancée and her brother had a mix-up with some pizza deliveries which invariably led to there being TWO pizzas at her place. With parents off on vacation she beseeched me nigh to midnight to come over for pizza. So I dashed off to her place for two hours. I've since returned home, after digressing from my blog entry to wrap it up. Work starts in seven and a half hours, leaving me with five and a half hours of sleep time on the clock.

I'll think about sleeping after this song's over - Sex Is Not The Enemy by Garbage - some of the lyrics blaring into my ear: "A revolution is the solution, a revolution is the solution, I don't feel guilty no matter what they're telling me, I won't feel dirty and buy into the misery, I won't be shamed because I believe that love is free, it fuels the heart and sex is not the enemy."

Addendum: It's nearly 3 o'clock and I can't sleep. Wide awake. Damnit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home