Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, August 15, 2005

Colour Out of Space

I had some downtime with no obligations after work yesterday, which I enjoyed as much as I could after a bus ride home. A nap on the couch, talking with my fiancée over the phone. These are a few of the things I managed to accomplish Sunday night, though accomplish isn't exactly an apt word as, say, do. Instead of the regular 4 - 9:30 shift, I was scheduled for the morning shift 10:45 to 4:00 that left me with a free afternoon, though to call it free is misleading when hemmed in is how I spent it. When I am neither working nor able to visit Vivian, I keep to the house - the backyard being the extent of going outside - like a monk with his books. Unfortunately, I live in Mississauga, which is one of those suburban cities where one needs to fork out money, have close friends, and/or own a bicycle to enjoy themselves. I have naught of these three, to my chagrin, so I spend much time indoors at home reading books - an expense that costs no more than the (discounted) cover price - when I am not with my fiancée. As I am recently without a car, living in a city with a lackadaisical transit system, and without a large income, you can guess how easy it is to become immobile. Besides, I have never minded being left out of the rat race for leisure, recreation and luxury that is growing in Mississauga - never a part of it to start. A worthier sacrifice is a future for Vivian and I, something far more important to me than wasting hard-earned cash at clubs, movies, bars, restaurants with trivial (often work-related) cliques. I have a relationship with my friends, which I consider to be very close-knit, developed friendships - outside of the high-school clique mentality that people continue to follow even in the workplace.
Wow. I never meant to write most of what I just wrote. Truth be told, I was planning to write a boring, literary entry on allegory, inspired by Lovecraft's short story The Colour Out of Space. Oh well. It's late, I have a long day awaiting me starting in 6 hours, so I ought to get to bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vixen said...

You are a sweetheart and I am so glad to have you as the love of my life.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home