Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sunday Is The Cruelest Day

I hate Sundays.

While most people hate Monday because it marks the beginning of the work week, I enjoy Monday. From Monday to Friday I am busy -- working, reading, school, &c. -- and Saturday is devoted to spending time at church with friends, keeping busy again. But Sunday, oh Bloody Sunday just sits there, dull, stolid, lollygagging. I never accomplish anything on a Sunday other than moping around the house all day, thinking about thinking about doing something. Even when I work on Sunday--almost every week--at Chapters I am scheduled for a 4 to 9:30 shift. So I end up dawdling, or worrying for most the day about trifling matters (this morning: repulsed by the grime on the stove and sink, I scrubbed it clean) to kill time. While this cleaning spat would seem like an accomplishment, it's like cooking in this house: a mediocre, necessary evil.

Why is Sunday the cruelest day of the week?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home