Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Upon My Trail Of Terror

Well I finally got my copy of The Last Oblivion in the mail a few days ago - I've been waiting a while for it to arrive by snail mail. First thing I realized when I started reading his poetry: Clark Ashton Smith will put anyone's vocabulary to shame, considering there is a four-page glossary of 'unfamiliar' words.

Some examples: (1) exiguous - scanty (2) foulder - to flash or thunder forth (3) Kobold - a mischevious elf or gnome (German folklore) (4) simoon - a hot, sand-laden wind (5) alabraundine - a precious stone known to the ancients.

Shortly I'll post some of Clark Ashton Smith's artwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home