Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Friday, May 06, 2005

Herbert West Reanimator

Hmm...been a few days since I posted. Viv and I's visit to our old school to give a lecture on Caribbean history was a success. I should say it was Viv's victory. She did all the work. The only part I contributed was the backdrop of European history--as garbled, and bungled as wont for me. My presentation skills were atrocious in my mind, leaning casually on the lectern, staring at one section of the class, stumbling over words, staring at the power point presentation on the projected screen, forgetting major points, &c &c &c. The class really enjoyed Viv's insights--especially the Image hosted by Photobucket.comcharts of imported slaves quantities, destination, &c. I suppose for a high school level course it was decent--well researched. Like all my assignments, good research covers for bad preparation.

Tired now--woke up @ 7:30 to dog puking four times, worked 9:30-4, stuck in traffic from 4:05-4:55, worked 5:00-9:00--came home and watched second last episode of Star Trek: Enterprise. Yes, I watch Star Trek, nerd that I am. I love the story lines, and the spaceships, colonies, &c. But you won't catch me reciting old plots, alien species, star charts, star ship classes, or reading episode guides (as my father is wont). No. I'll stick to what I'm good at being: a weird, protean bookworm.

Read the story on the right a week ago, now I wish someone would re-animate me. Tired. Realize what at fool I've been with my money. Going to read a book--biography of H.P. Lovecraft rather than Pulci.

Plan (along with Viv) to visit Hamilton next week to see my sister and her kids, and perhaps another individual. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home