Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Shoot Me Now

I wish I could offer much more than daily reports about work, however, every night I come home from work I'm so tired. It's called the daily grind for a good reason. But I'm trying hard to keep my mind active with reading - finished Ballard's Crash and picked up Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian: Or the Evening Redness in the West. My mind seems to be suffering from a sort of torpor, or malaise, often lapsing into absentmindedness from all this work. This week I managed to screw up a few things at both jobs - forgetting to post a file at Chapters, not noticing the bay door was slightly ajar at Atron, etc. - and being screamed at subsequently. Compared to last week it isn't so bad, right? A week ago I was almost hit twice by stupid drivers in a Brampton school zone - one driver almost merged into my car rather than keeping with the flow of traffic, requiring me to brake suddenly and have traffic behind me nearly rear-end me; then a few feet away another idiot veered in front of car, he was turning left, with less than a second to dodge - moron turned without even looking. Then I got lost driving to my sister's place in Hamilton, stupid me turned two streets too early. But Viv was smart enough to give a quick call to my home, getting my dad to direct us from there. I feel stressed, and useless at the same time. TGIF, right?
If this rainy, boggy weather keeps up I won't be going to Wonderland tomorrow neither. Damnit. Life sucks. I want to be back in school, already. The real world sucks - brings out the silent-idiot type in me. Work bores the shit out of me, and the money is disappearing faster now than before school ended. WTF?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home