Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Anthropophagi @ York

I changed my upcoming class schedule recently. Rather than taking a course with the anthropophagus (otherwise known as the man-eater) Higgins, I opted for the following classes for my final year to complete a Specialized Honours English B.A..

(1) EN 41o9 - McLuhan / Frye - W 11:30 - 2:30 (Powe)
(2) EN 4184 - Renaissance Theatre of Transgression - R 2:30 - 5:30 (Juhasz-Ormsby)
(3) EN 4185 - Advanced Shakespeare - TR 1:00 - 2:30 (Cohen)
(4) EN 3150 - Writer / Critic - T 8:30 - 11:30 (Kuin)
(4) EN 3270 - 17th Century Perspectives - W 2:30 - 5:30 (TBA)

While I haven't taken any courses with these professors previously, their reputations as great teachers extend far beyond the classroom--mainly from word of mouth, compliments of Viv or Jeremy.

DISCLAIMER: I know it is cruel, innappropriate, and perhaps a bit immature to call a teacher an anthropophagus - especially one who I had only in my first year - but I blame peer influence. I have nothing against cannibals, they practice equality: they never discriminate between eating men or women, however, those creatures known as 'man-eaters' are simply intolerable, discriminatory, racist bastards. As you might know from previous posts, or conversations with me, I have no patience for intolerance, racism, or condescension in the classroom. At York we protest against these discriminatory injustices - racial, gender prejudices - so please join me in protesting against anthropophagi in the classroom. YOUR DAYS ARE OVER MAN-EATERS!

But first I hope you had a good chuckle reading, and learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home