Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, April 04, 2005

I Have A Bulge In My Bookcase

If I wasn't so poor from buying books related to my studies, I'd gladly buy this. Looks like I'll have to stick with borrowing it from work--after exams. I tried reading it at the end of the semester, however I did avow to do well on my exams. Patience is a virtue, after all. One that I ought to learn, too. Besides I just bought a used copy of the Vision of Piers Plowmen to add to my growing list of 'to-read' books for after exams - and after my Medieval Religious Drama and Visions course I have no excuse. I have started piling these books from my list onto a shelf, ranging from Nikos Kazantzakis's monumental work The Odyssey: A Modern Sequel (I vowed to read this massive 800 page modernist epic two summers ago but I kept digressing into his more popular works) to other greats like The Monk, Romance of the Rose, Faerie Queene and the Gormenghast novels, which I am reading as we speak.

Well, I've reviewed Henry IV Pt. 1 and Romeo and Juliet for my Shakespeare exam this Wednesday afternoon. Later I begin re-reading Merchant of Venice. Cheers.

ADDENDUM: I finally got my hard copy of Maureen Quilligan's Language of Allegory in the mail.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vixen said...

Is that a subtle hint that I should get you the book?

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home