Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, March 28, 2005

Hamlet Redux

Although I handed in my essay on the ghost in Hamlet over a week ago, my interest in the subject continues. Through the York eResources web site I found an article of some interest called "Subjectivity as an Occupational Hazard of 'Hamlet Ghost' Critics". So I punched the article title into Google, hoping that an e-text version was available. While I didn't find the article, inadvertantly, I came across something even more recent than Greenblatt. I found this article. It's utterly fascinating, as well as assuring, that academia has recently been pushing for the same stance that I took in my paper - something quite astounding. I hope no one mistakes this for a claim to genius - far from it - my depth pales in comparison to the scholars I've read. But the idea is there, lurking. This means I was not mistaken to believe that through the ghost we can unearth meaning lurking in the 'undiscovered country'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home