Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Word of the Day: Bedraggled

Well, I've officially handed in all final assignments - with a sigh of relief. Although I can admit that little effort went into these final papers, at this point I'm glad it's over. I know this isn't the most professional attitude for a student who claims to want to do Graduate School - but it's been a haze of ill health, squabbles, and depleted wit. Never have I felt so tired, so drained even though I feel that my work load has not changed. Literally and spiritually, I feel like I've been 'heaving' all year with aching lungs. Perhaps I took on too much - or I'm too critical of myself - either way it's been a year of profound discoveries, as well as new lows for me.

Once this school year is over, death brings with it a fresh start at life. It's an opportunity to start learning anew, as each year I hope that some new interest comes along begging to be developed. The trick will be learning to command learning, rather than scampering along with the pack - no more scrounging.

Best of luck to those still writing assignments, and upcoming exams. It's time to reflect, though hopefully no one shines a light right into your eyes - blinding you. I've sat here far too long writing this short piece, I should go do something unproductive like reading books that have no bearing on my exams instead of whining. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home