Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Shadow Over Innsmouth

I know I should be studying, or sleeping as I have an early class as well as an exam early in the afternoon - but I just got my Necronomicon Press edition of Lovecraft's The Shadow Over Innsmouth (though the edition I've linked is a different edition). Gawd. I'm nearly half way through and I'm already blown away - prose as beautiful and poetic as Shakespeare, Peake or Mieville. Whenever I try to capture what I felt while reading this book the words escape me. A study in xenophobia, fear, decay, ruin, the grotesque, monstrous, cosmic terror, and miscegenation is what this book seems to be about. There's so much to it. It reeks of Hamlet in so many ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home