Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Wretched of the Earth

I haven't posted something in some time - nothing worthwhile to post lately - so here I've included another piece of writing, a poem not worth a pixel. I apologize if it is a deplorable poem, I scrawled it down in a matter of a minute or less. This poem isn't directed at anyone, but rather it is more of a reflection of wretchedness - something I feel far too often, too often, indeed.

The working title is "Scab".

It hurt for all of these years,
To keep the gaping wound,
On display for your sake,
Inside of me for so long.

But now I say ‘so long’,
With a prayer to intervene,
Like a mirror put between us,
Helping me get over the pain,
And conceal the healing wound,
From those hurtful, prying eyes,
So now you’ll see the hurt inside,
An image reflecting back at you,
It hurt for all of these years.

Addendum: This post has no bearing on the people who love me, who care about me. These people I know will always be there for me, no matter the circumstances. I am heartened to know that their care will never fail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home