Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Work, Work, Work

It's official - I landed a full-time job working for a company called CDTI on a contract for Bell Canada. Starting Monday I'll be working from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM as a 'Material Handler', which, I'm told, means data entry, receiving and order picking. Apparently typing swiftly without looking down at the keyboard, calculating arithmetic properly in my head, and working with a program called SAP at Chapters got me the job.

The best part is I get to slum it at my new work - jeans, t-shirt and steel-toe boots - instead of dressing up for a stingy corporation like Chapters. I'll still be working for Chapters but with a very ideal 'limited and scant' availability for hours that I hope won't get me regularly scheduled during the weekdays, only Sundays.

My first work week: Monday to Saturday, 8:00 to 4:30, and 4 hours overtime!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. May you handle much material, and handle it well. And may the material be the better for it.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Davyth said...

The material? Defective plug-and-play cards, boards and hardware for the computer (from companies like Nortel, Telus, and Bell).

I keep thinking I'm truly living in The Waste Land at work: These fragments I have shored against my ruins.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home