Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, May 01, 2006

Ferreting Out These Past Few Days

Losing track of time lately. I finished reading McLuhan's dissertation. Evidently Philip Marchand (as promised) wrote an article for The Star about the debate - my fiancée and I participating as McLuhanites - we had as an assignment for our 4000-level McLuhan / Frye class over a month ago. I worked five days last week, and a meagre three days this upcoming week. These last few (late) nights, or (early) mornings, picking up my fiancée, who is bartending into the wee hours, and, incidentally, now making more money than me. Sleeping in late to noon. Cooking simple, easy-to-do meals like meat-loaf cupcakes and marmalade-glazed chicken. Watched the movie Spy Game starring Robert Redford and Brad Pitt, this afternoon. Killed some dandelions in the front- and back-yard with diluted vinegar earlier. Let our two ferrets - Tyson and Squeeky - loose for an hour to scamper around the house while I shaved, which is a special skill especially as these creatures are playfully nipping at your toes. Washed dishes twice - once when I woke up, then later after cooking. And finally: started re-reading China Miéville's Perdido Street Station for the second time, but this time, after reading Frye, Peake and Lovecraft, it's starting to make sense.With plenty of free time I managed to track down most, if not every of those hilarious SNL Digital Shorts: (1) Chronicles of Narnia rap (2) Close Talker w/ Steve Martin (3) Laser Cats (4) Natalie Portman rap (5) Young Chuck Norris and (6) Lettuce Help.

And yes, the ferret on the left (in the side photo) has a red licorice in its mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home