Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Friday, May 05, 2006

Thinking of the Key, Each Confirms His Prison

I haven't written anything of interest for this blog lately, and, unfortunately, nothing exciting in terms of my daily life at home. I am still living with parents, although it is becoming harder with each day to stave off the obvious, deafening message: my parents want me out of the house. Their plan is (supposedly) to fix-up, tidy and sell the house in about five years (or less) - and I would gladly acquiesce - except the financial means aren't presently available. My plan is to find a full-time job that will allow me to live on my own: paying for a car and a place of my own to live, and of course a wedding, down the road. The only problem: our plan is the direction my fiancée, Vivian, and I, want to take,and my parents are, without concession, intent on following their path without aiding us, period.

It's sad to say, but I get the feeling that my university degree never mattered to my parents, that it was some indulgent dream-fulfillment wish. Now, as my mom likes to say sardonically, "you have to wake up to the real world now," as though my fours years of university were just some wasteful dream, which I have been ejected from, and now it is my role in life to accept, without question, her somnambulistic view of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home