Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Outage

My apologies, first of all. The main computer of the household went on the fritz, self-immolating, and burnt out a few days ago. Our wireless high-speed network to our bewilderment, but always pleasant surprise, has continued to operate independently and without handicap from the smoldered obsolete PC set-up to host the network. I am working from a fairly modern laptop (now in the living room) that was recently forsaken by my mother for a newer and more advanced one.

Soon I'll provide more updates. However, I'm off today and heading this morning to a job placement centre to find better paying and more reliable, hours-wise, job than the current, pitiable Chapters.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pious Labours said...

Let me know what you find (jobwise).
which job centre did you go to? These things exist? :)

9:03 AM  
Blogger Davyth said...

I went to a company called Adecco in Oakville. But AppleOne, I hear, is another good "employment service" place to check out. They run a few basic diagnostic tests - from attention to typing proficiency - check your scores, and then recommend a few places. Often the work is temporary, and you work for the employment agency not the employer themselves. But I went in today and may have a job as early as Monday or next week.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home