Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Friday, April 28, 2006

Good Idea, Bad Idea

Good Idea:
Donating money to our public schools to support literacy when the government has hemmed in costs at every opportunity.

Bad Idea:
A manager at Chindigo who can neither write, nor mind her business by ordering (not asking politely) an employee to do something when she isn't even working but just shopping for herself.

This segment has been brought to you by the Animaniacs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pious Labours said...

Don't get me started on Chindigo managers: some are great, but most are basically unsuccessful people with inferiority complexes and huge axes to grind.
In general, I find that Chindigo is a huge paradox: most employees don't read. I remember telling that to some customers, and it always elicited a surprised look (then again, they were surprised when I told em how little employees made).
N.B., haven't seen it in a while, but there's a hilarious site: www.retail-sucks.com. Highly recommended.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Davyth said...

I just couldn't believe the gall of this lady. She's telling ME (someone who's worked there for nearly 4 years) how to do work WHEN she's NOT working. I bit my lip in frustration and strolled over to my cash register as asked. But thankfully we have this new thing called the "Andria Asks..." (named after our representative) where we drop questions in a box, and the manager responds. I have my question armed and ready--just needs to be submitted: asking if we have a formal right to refuse work from an off-duty manager. It's ridiculous I have to ask this in the first place!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home