Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Sunday, April 23, 2006

The New Testament

With nearly a week off from work I have been keeping myself busy reading books as usual, in particular my theme this week seems to be the myth of the Christos. After finishing Dan Brown's intrigue, conspiracy-theory-driven novel The Da Vinci Code, I moved on to something that I would likewise not normally be found reading: Can Lit. Quite honestly I'm surprised by the novel I'm reading: Nino Ricci's Testament, one among many other novelists to write about the mythical life of Jesus.

Ricci's writing, if I can describe it, slowly but naturally condenses the reader into the very psychological, human atmosphere of the novel, as well as the historical era itself. This he carefully draws out to a very subtle drizzle upon the reader with many, but quite simply, psychological human voices, their very earnest human yearnings (the first part being from the perspective of Yihuda of Qiryat, that is, Judas of Iscariot), and of course the pungent morning dew of our common political and spiritual existence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home