Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Friday, July 08, 2005

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Just got off the phone with Vivian, now sitting with Garbage's "Bad Boyfriend" playing in the background, and thinking about the weekend ahead. I am thankful the rat-race is over for two days, I've nearly had it with the nonsense and drudgery of Chapters--picking up after loiterers, and co-workers. This particular day, Thursday, was bad after I had clean up a bunch of sh*t a female co-worker who worked the morning shift left for me. The list of things she messed up, even though she's worked in the section for a year, is chock-full of assinine, befuddling incompetence. This was not a run-of-the-mill, "oops" sort of mistake, but plain old carelessness or laziness. Unfortunately, it is becoming a regular adverse thing, to the point I may have to discuss her behaviour with management--something I hate to do, but for her job's sake, and because it has to be checked before it gets out of control. Her constant, crucial mistakes are taking a toll on other hard-working co-workers, including myself, who have to pick up the slack, which is unfair to them, really.

The problem with this course, though, is I know there may be indirect causes (whether these should mitigate the issue is uncertain) for her absentmindedness, or simply, these may have no bearing.

For now, I will talk to my co-worker before I discuss it with management. There's no need to kick a fuss, or blow it out of proportion. Really, I have the next two days off, so who cares, right? I'm spending most of the day with Vivian, Friday at the waterpark in Wonderland, Saturday at two church gatherings--most likely another day filled with jubilation and congratulation from friends, peers, &c. Now The Cranberrie's "Saving Grace" is playing in the background, so I'll take this as a cue to bow out, and head to bed soon. If I can't sleep I'll continue reading Malcolm Gladwell's Blink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home