Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Sunday, July 03, 2005

That Old School Love

My apologies to those who read this blog, it's been such a busy weekend. Saturday, I went to church, as our engagement was being officially announced to the congregation (which was greeted with thunderous, congratulatory applause), followed by a convivial potluck meal, and a brief stint at Chapters to close the evening. Vivian, my fiancé, will confirm, if necessary, that there were tears of joy in my eyes when everyone applauded. Yes, I'm a sap, I know. Can you blame me? I owe my fiancé, as well as her family, very much for being so good to me in love, learning, and life. I discovered who I truly was, by being with them.

The only other excitement happened on the bus ride home from work, Saturday night. Our bus driver got into a bit of a kerfuffle with a rude, uncouth punk twenty-something girl (not lady) who decided to cuss at the bus driver after he told her to step aside to let a man in a wheelchair on the bus first. For the entire bus ride till she got off the bus she yawped on her phone about the bus driver, over and over again to her loser friends waiting at the bar, much to the chagrin of her fellow passengers. When the girl got off at the stop in front of the pub her friends came to threaten and curse the bus driver, who told them plainly, in obscene terms, to f*ck off. Yep, good 'ole transit on Saturday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home