Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, July 04, 2005

I Walk The Line

My confession: I finished reading Defoe's Robinson Crusoe tonight, though my zeal for the novel dissipated in the last few days. It's become much harder to read classic novels outside of school especially as I enter my fourth year of university. Perhaps this is the predicament of an average university student, or someone who's recent engaged--my thoughts are elsewhere, worrying about tomorrow's dinner meeting between families, mine and Vivian, my fiancé's. Truly, I'm worried about, not for, my parents' behaviour; after all, they are socially illiterate--completely out of touch with social traditions, norms, behaviour, protocal, &c of the adult world. As Robinson Crusoe might say, I'm rather worried about the Middle Path--my parents being younger than her parents, older than her offspring, but their attitudes often wandering askew. Oy vey.
Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home