Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Mrs. Havisham Comes To Dinner

I learned a valuable lesson last night at dinner: I can't turn water into wine and vise-versa, although I gulped down my glass of wine as though it were water. I think my fiancé, Vivian's parents observed the evanescent wine in my glass, as Vivian later notified me. This morning, however, I'm a bit more perspicacious, now realizing how stupid, and selfish it was of me to escape into the wine (and the food, too) to ease the nerves - though I did have an appetite to slake. I ate a garden salad with dressing, an 8 oz. filet mignon, a chicken breast half, and a bite-size piece of my fiancé's filet mignon. Perhaps it's not much to some, but I've never been a big eater (mainly because I never had the opportunity as a kid, I suppose) until now. Hopefully my fiancé, Vivian's blog will offer a better 'review' of our engagement dinner family get-together.

I shouldn't forget, too, to mention how classy, ravishing and beautiful my fiancé looked - like a professional model - last night. You can see a photo of her below, no doubt wondering what about her wouldn't ease my wracking nerves instantly, right?
Unfortunately, I have to skedaddle off to work soon. Sorry.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the 'meeting of the families' is very stressful. for everyone. so try to give yourself a break! i'm sure it went better than you think!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

No worries sweetie, all is well, my parents and your parents have only good reviews of the evening.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Davyth said...

Just poor, untested nerves, I guess.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home