Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Friday, June 24, 2005

"Methinks It Sounds Much Sweeter Than By Day"

It is rather late for me, well aware I ought to hit the sack soon, as I work in the morning. But work seems like a flash in the pan compared to the evening I plan to spend with my fiancé afterward. What a delightful, mellifluous word it is to the ear, delivering a surge of sweetness to a young brain of twenty-two. It is a sugar high, no doubt, that makes me seem like a dumb- and love-struck fool, but inwardly, I have never felt so happy in my life, practically impervious to the countless daily former shortcomings . I'm a romantic at heart, no matter how aloof or dawdling like Hamlet I am wont.

Now I am beginning to feel twinges of sleepiness, or overtiredness, in the form of headaches . This is what I get for working two weeks straight without a day off --however, after today's shift I have two and a half full days off; Friday afternoon and all of Saturday with my love, and Sunday downtown at the Book Expo getting free autographed books. I never realized how tragic events are wont to turn life into comedy, though I am beginning to suspect reading articles like this, especially tired (or inebriated), can bring a person to newfound wisdom. There's an aphorism, or hairbrained wisdom in there, somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home