Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Saving Grace

Yes, I'm quite aware that yesterday's post proves how much of a love fool I am. Have your snell sniggers as you please, but it still won't make me cut it out - especially since I am often turning to writing to express the mishmash of emotions, ideas, and events going through my head lately. It is absolutely overwhelming, such that I feel the need to 'get it out' or tell some imaginary audience or friend. Literally, I feel like a kid again (though I doubt anything ever changed) - harrowing some of my inner thoughts, and diverting them to an 'imaginary' or abstract medium (or technology) rather than making an idea real, or word flesh.

At least this time around there are some real, flesh-and-blood people reading these thoughts. Now my thoughts won't be wistfully spoken to the dirt and water under the bridge (over a creek in Clarkson) as when I was a young boy--the threshold or medium for the imaginary realm where my imaginary friend once resided. Yes, yes, have your snell sniggers again - imagination has been one of the few saving graces in my life, and so has my fiancé.

ADDENDUM: When I think about it, I will have to save these thoughts for the wedding - as well as the song associated with the title, Saving Grace by the Cranberries.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vixen said...

I've decided that this should be our wedding song. It really exemplifies how much you mean to me.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home