Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

A Medieval Baby Mama Drama

After a day of meanders, fugues and daydreams - as well as watching 'Law & Order' followed by 'Chasing Ami' even after my parents abandoned their TV shows to sleep - I'm finally sitting down to consider another one of my inevitable assignments. This time it's about a Ye Olde (technically Middle) English drama from the 15th century: The Brome Abraham and Isaac, a 12 page dramatization of Gen 22:1-13 from an anthology of Early English Drama.

Here's the question: Discuss the methods used in this play to dramatize or make visual certain key doctrinal points or aspects of salvation history. Consider the potential or intended impact of this dramatic representation of the biblical story of Abraham and Isaac on the audience.

So, I'll add my thoughts shortly, after I've re-read the play.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vixen said...

stealing my lines again?

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home