Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Friday, January 14, 2005

Where There Is Woman There Is Magic



This is the beginning of a series of posts featuring the animals that live in this zoo of a house. First is Magic, my beloved senior cat. She is the oldest at 18 years old as well as most eccentric and cloistered feline of the pounce. She is still reluctant, if not paranoid of most humans, felines and change. Where I resided was her home for the longest period, she even braved the roadtrip from the basement to the top floor to follow me when I moved upstairs. She lurked in the shadows wherever I went. Only with the sound of my beckoning, coaxing voice would she dare leave her residence. Even as a kitten she would hide in the laundry room, bearing an anxiety against every living thing. I was of a similar sort as a young kid, cloistered, isolated, so we took to one another rather quickly. I would sit down cross-legged in the laundry room still and silent as can be until she came out of her hiding place. She was MY first cat so I spent countless hours with her as a kid. My parents even remark now that there is this mysterious bond between me and Magic. She hides out whenever I am not home, but as soon as she hears my voice she emerges to greet me and to be fed. Sweet memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home