Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Shame On Me

After a day or two of recuperating from a falling-out with books, we've kissed and made up. I started reading Chaucer's Book of Duchess for class, highlighting passages along the way. However, there is a bit of a pickle -- I'm torn between two books. Finally I laid my hands on a copy of Voltaire's Bastards, after reading bits and pieces at work. I've even begun to read it, with a glee that I haven't felt for a book in a while. This book is so profound, it makes me ashamed to want recreational reading--idle, unthinking, "easy" books. Shame on me. Feel free to shake your head in disgust, my words are disgraceful. My professors, and girlfriend especially will disown me if they knew this. Tsk. Tsk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home