Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rising Up and Rising Down

A week later and I'm bogged down with countless things still to do in addition to working five days a week: customizing a new cellphone, finding a place - once my parents sell our present home - to live for my fiancée and I, as well as reading the encyclopedic abridged edition of William T. Vollmann's Rising Up and Rising Down: Some Thoughts on Violence, Freedom and Urgent Means - a life-time work of anthropology which ought to be as pertinent to the comprehension of our times as Sir James Frazer's The Golden Bough and Jessie Weston's From Ritual to Romance is to T.S. Eliot's The Waste Land.

I'll post about things literary soon -- and with less pretension, I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home