Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Since returning home Tuesday morning after spending the long, Thansgiving weekend in Collingwood with my fiancée, her family and friends, for work's sake I haven't felt that keen, self-impelled drive - two failed attempts - to write an interesting blog entry.

Over these past two days - still trying to think of something relevant - I haven't had much luck thinking of something to write about: life itself has felt as though it were lagging before my very eyes.

Yesterday I finished reading Matthew Pearl's The Poe Shadow, but I just haven't cared to write anything, book-wise. I keep reading new and old books from day to day out of habit - I think, to keep my mind distracted from my daily, worldly concerns - but sometimes my mind just doesn't want to let go of my thoughts, as though waiting till some faraway, promising time or kingdom come.

I'm not too worried, actually; my fiancée has kept me from becoming that seeksorrow I once thought I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home