Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, March 06, 2006

The Devil in Massachusetts

For whatever reason I stayed up all night writing another paper well in advance--probably because I came home last night after working a shift from 10:45 AM to 6:00 PM tired, and had a late nap, just as my fiancée prophesied earlier in the afternoon. My paper for Anthropology of Religion is a critical review entitled: "Trauma and Witchcraft in the Popular and Religious Imagination" based on Ronald C. Johnson's "Parallels between Recollections of Repressed Childhood Sex Abuse, Kidnappings by Space Aliens, and the 1692 Salem Witch Trials."

The article I based my essay on is available here.

My flawed, albeit completed essay is available here.

Luckily I have the afternoon today to rest since I don't start work today until 4:30 PM. I'll probably take a few days to relax, perhaps read Zecharia Sitchin's Divine Encounters. My subject is tentative but I think I want to write my 10-12 page paper for Tragedy and Meta-tragedy class on Beckett's Waiting For Godot, specifically the performance of wit, that is, verbal and physical momentum if that makes any sense. Probably not. I haven't slept much lately, and, apparently, so I'm told, am rather incoherant, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home