Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, February 18, 2006

What is the Great Code?

I'll be posting more this upcoming week, perhaps even my mini-essay on: What is the Great Code? Bear in mind we were limited to two or three pages so it'll not quite be a sweeping, encyclopedic explanation of Frye's The Great Code. For this assignment I focused like my McLuhan paper on language and the manifestation of a universal spiritual or cosmic vision in Frye's book (or modern gospel), especially for the human spirit, or rather our Imagination.The next task: read Frye's Anatomy of Criticism for class in the upcoming week. In the following week as well I have to eventually read: Buried Child and Death and the Maiden. We're also reading some poems by Arnold in another class, which, unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this week due to a more timely and precious commitment i.e. anniversary this week. Who knows what we're reading about this week in my anthropology class--I believe we're starting to analyze worldwide, organized religions, in lieu of last semester's small-scale societies, cultures, practices, rituals and all-around quirky things. I finished reading Shakespeare's King Lear last night, which I, of course, plan to re-read for Thursday's class--partially because I want to shake off my old, naive impressions of the play, and begin to understand the play and its language anew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home