Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A Fallen Star That You Cannot Live Without

It was going to be just another day of work, however, I had to come home from my second job around 7 pm due to what I suspect is exhaustion. My lungs felt contorted like a claddagh knot, wrung tight to the point it was painful to breathe, and a migraine being incised upon my skull. Only now, around 10:40 pm, has the tightness in my lungs begun to abate. Above all these things, I've felt weak, tired and lackadaisical, and still do. I haven't had a reaction as this bad for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if my body underwent a mild form of anxious shock, a wonted reaction to working too much, all too familiar in light of the past school year. The only medicine the doctor has ever given me to treat my anxiety, which I am reluctant to take, is a mild form of valium called Lorazepam. In the past, I have been prescribed an asthma puffer (I was born with severe asthma, though I outgrew the worst symptoms with age, hence I'm left with the side effects), but I find it unavailing, only usable when it is too late to treat the problem. After-the-fact medicine is not what I need, quite fruitless, nor is going back to the doctor. This problem is not punctual, but only seems to be seasonal, or work related. It seems like one of those apocalyptic signs, a day of sickness, for the whole family--my little nephew, Kamdyn, was taken to the hospital around the time I became ill and since then I haven't heard a word. Still waiting.
In the mean time, I have tomorrow off to rest, aside from a visit to the insurance company as well as Atron to show off my fiancé, err...I mean to let her meet my (mom and I's) co-workers, who, no doubt, have heard countless stories of Vivian and I, but never seen us together.
Since I had to dash off from Atron, I forgot my Asquire book there, so I've taken to reading Everyman for an easy read.
Wheeze.

1 Comments:

Blogger Davyth said...

Update: Kamdyn arrived home from the hospital in the wee hours of the morning. Still no explanation for his sickness given to me.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home