Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Where The Wild Things Are


Here I am writing a blog entry, safely at home as millions are tearing bookstores apart across Ontario for the newest book in the Harry Potter series. In truth, I feel sorry for the saps who volunteered to work tonight for the midnight release - staving off wild, ravenous lunatics who desperately need to get their smack of teenaged wizardry. For a minute I thought I was describing junkies, or something crawling out of a gutter, or a William Burroughs and/or Irvine Welsh character. No doubt someone will relate stories of wacko, deranged customers to me this Sunday, though nothing will ever top the amusing tale of the man who stripped down and ran stark naked through our store before hightailing it to the bus terminal across the street. To this event - the midnight release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - I dedicate to you, O wild, savage Naked Man Who Ran Through Chapters Many Saturdays Ago, who ended up where the wild things are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home