Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Friday, April 22, 2005

Spelling Bee

It seems I've been drafted into the Chapters spelling bee team. The local bookstores and libraries come together annually at Novotel Hotel in Mississauga to spell regular, quirky, and unheard-of words. Two years ago our store won the event, but since then it's been nothing but shameful defeat. Last year one of our managers, who has an MA in Post-colonial Literature from Queen's University, misspelled 'echelon'. Kinda ironic. He thought there was an 's' in 'echelon'. I'll say no more. Just shake your heads.

Even if we lose I won't complain; I get a free dinner.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vixen said...

Did you know I won a spelling bee when I was 10? The sad thing was that the word of choice was "buzz".

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home