Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Friday, April 22, 2005

Forty Days and Forty Nights

Recently, I vowed to stop buying books in order to save up for more important things. Think of it as a booklover's Lent, a prolongued forty days and forty nights in the wilderness--desert--facing temptation. Except the wilderness is my workplace, a bookstore, and the temptation of Satan is Dan Brown and his Da Vinci Code (just kidding!). So I give up books, but as you know some bacchanal (wild, footloose celebration) of sin has to happen beforehand, so I picked up a copy of Leonard Cohen's Beautiful Losers (for Viv) and the New American library anthology of Lovecraft's Tales (for me). What can I say? It was pay day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home