Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, April 25, 2005

Last Stand

I've got some last minute studying to do. Exam tomorrow, then straight to work afterwards. I'll post something soon.

ADDENDUM: As I end my studying - it is always my rule to stop studying 12 hours before an exam - I realized one sad thing about being an undergrad. Sometimes I spend so much time worrying about grades, exams or musing with mechanical skill - 'playing the game' - that the literature becomes dross. It loses its true meaning and becomes merely a function or necessary evil, a hump to get over. I find it a bit of a shame my best ideas and realizations happen during and after exam time, especially after struggling so hard all year. But I can say, as I reflect on this year, I learned so much this year - things I'd never encounter by my own volition - and appreciate now. I grouch, groan and gripe about it while I'm in school, but when I have to leave I realize how much I've learned, and how hard my teachers have worked - it's too bad I can't let them truly know how much I've learned. The only way I know how to show my appreciation is to use the knowledge and gifts they gave me: to repay them with the hard effort and respect they so deserved. I always want to let most of my teachers know that their work is not in vain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home