Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, April 09, 2007

The Weekend Grind

The Easter weekend is nearly over and, as I try to reflect upon the significant events of this weekend, I realize that my life is messed up. Consider:

Friday
(1) My landlord kicked out a fellow boarder for smoking pot in his room, and eating out other people's food from the refridgerator and then,
(2) She asked me to help clean out his room, and I discover a few articles of my clothing (two shirts, a ragged pair of jeans, and a suit jacket that I stupidly didn't realize were missing) in his closet as well as stuffed underneath his mattress.
(3) Among his articles, a court notice of a failure to appear in criminal court for multiple charges of petty theft (under $5000) and other valuables, such as a passport, which
(4) The landlord gathers together, including much of what is taken for clothes stolen from stores, and calls a friend to hold these things ransom, until she can get the said tenant to pay back the $1000 of rent money and a $250 cell phone she believes he stole from her.

Saturday
(1) Wake up early, unable to sleep, seized with excruciating pain in my left leg and
(2) Head over to an independent coffee shop around 10 in the morning for breakfast, and to kill an hour before
(3) Taking my car in to the shop to change the transmission fluid, which takes an hour to finish and
(4) When I am finished, I make my way over to the International Centre for the All About Pets Show alone, instead of going to church
(5) I wander alone for two full hours, looking at, trying to figure out and eliminating what specific breed of dog I want to own, asking about prices, breed temperaments, training, nutrition, compatibility with cats, recommendations for first-time owners, and watched a show about neighbourhood-friendly dog training, as well as a flyball competition.
(6) Went over to fiancée's for afternoon dinner, and watched the fateful Leaf game.

Sunday
(1) Wake up promptly, after dozing off early last night, and still have the lingering pain of yesterday,
(2) And try to kill the pain by talking with my chatty landlord, while having a morning coffee and half an egg-salad sandwich before
(3) I decide to kill time (boredom, loneliness, and the pain) by heading to see movie, yet again, alone, in this case, Grindhouse, since it seemed the longest, original and most entertaining of movies out this weekend, and I get to the movie theatre as the previews begin,
(4) And I watch the movie, though half way into the movie the pain in my left leg grows unbearable at points that I bite my lip, wimper and almost cry, but I'm sitting at the very top above all other few movie-goers, then
(5) I head over to my fiancée's place for dinner, as well as the fateful Islanders game, and find some alleviation in the company of family, food, and pain-relieving creams and narcotics like Tylenol and Lakota, though the pain remains strenuous, but
(6) Upon arriving back at my abode, I am happy to find the house empty and this euphoria relieves some of the ache in my left leg before
(7) I receive a text message from my fiancée, and a back-and-forth text conversation, to my elation, ensues until recently.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The situation with your leg sounds absolutely horrible. Is there a leg brace and drugs or anything that is helping??

4:25 PM  
Blogger Davyth said...

I have anti-inflammatory pills, as well as Advil, to ease the pain on a daily basis. But I just started taking them yesterday. Last week I was sent for a CAT scan on my leg, so I'll find out in a week or so about the exact problem.

As odd as it sounds: resting the leg, or a lack of mobility, aggravates the pain in my leg. Last week I spent too much time at home, alone, in solitude, also. Since my fiancée came back from her two week trip out of the country to plan our wedding yesterday, I've noticed that my leg is bothering me less.

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home