Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, March 27, 2006

Gasolina Remix

After a haze of creative inspiration amok these past few late nights I managed to chortle out something like an essay entitled: "The Art of Knockabout Comedy: Discovering Vaudeville in Samuel Beckett's Waiting For Godot." As usual I've made it available for anyone who wants to read it: here.

The next thing in line is re-writing my speech for an upcoming debate being taped for the McLuhan archives - debating who is more relevant today: Frye or McLuhan.

Some other things I want to do this week: (1) Read Eliot's "Four Quartets" for class, and (2) Read Robert Charles Wilson's Darwinia, which I picked up for free all the way back in December. (3) Begin to review (re-read) the Shakespeare plays I studied this year: Julius Caesar, Coriolanus, Measure for Measure, Troilus and Cressida, All's Well That Ends Well, Henry VI Pt 1, Othello and King Lear. (4) Read the chapters in my Anthropology textbook on the major world religions (especially Buddhism: our professor's over-stressed bias). (5) Write a 8-10 page essay using Frye's books to examine Lovecraft's masterpiece-story "At The Mountains of Madness" and narratives of alien succession or inheritance.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home