Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Sunday, December 18, 2005

If You Call Leave A Message

I finished writing my last assignment earlier today--around 2:30 AM--on Marshall McLuhan and a McLuhanesque reading of H.P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu. Finally, I can enjoy my holiday break to the fullest without feeling that queasy, nagging feeling I get in my stomach and lungs whenever I have to write an essay. This must make me one of the worst English majors. Every single assignment brings this loathsome feeling, which is followed by indignance, self-doubt and moodiness--a male version of PMS. This I suspect is the reason I never complete assignments as I believe to the best of my ability--I get anxious, start feeling like I want to get everything over with, and rush to allay this feeling haphazardly. The essay usually gets done with a half-assed effort, but it is finished. Somehow, apparently, I manage to come out with Bs and As, which I suspect is because the standards are so low in English at University these days--what with the rampant ignorance of cultural and literary traditions. So what if I have a general feel for classical, biblical things--I'm no expert, just go with my general gut-feeling and perception of things.

Anyways, I'm heading off to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home