Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, June 04, 2005

It Was In Bobcaygeon, Where I Saw The Constellations

Even when I have all the time in the world to write something for this blog, I'm stumped. It's a lethargic Saturday alone at home today. Stayed up until 3:30 am to watch Ocean's Twelve, so I slept in to noon. It's been quiet at home so far, thankfully, as my dad went to work and my mom is at our cottage in Galway - near Kinmount, Burnt River, Bobcaygeon, Fenelon Falls. The strange thing is my Irish surname (Vahey--an anglicized spelling of an Irish Gaelic word meaning 'foundation') comes from one of the great Celtic tribes of Galway in Ireland. However, it is my mom's side of the family (her grandparents and father) that grew up in Galway, Ontario (up the hill from our cottage is the home where my grandfather was reared), a family of mixed Scottish and Irish descent. I don't quite know if that's serendipity, but it's certainly a coincidence. So I digress.
For a change I've been productive, cleaning the computer stand of its mess (books, papers), doing laundry, putting away dishes, letting the ferrets out to play, cooking teriyaki steaks. I have also been reading, intermittently, a new book published by Penguin on the Celts: James MacKillop's Myths and Legends of the Celts.

The sun is shining outside, finally, so I'll wrap up this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home