Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, April 11, 2005

Bleed Like Me

While I was at work, a co-worker of mine happened to bring these two CDs with him. Neither one is released in Canada yet, but readily available in the UK. So I snagged a copy of each, as well as an old Cranberries album. Otherwise I started studying for my Medieval and Modern Europe history exam next week. It's not as easy as studying for Shakespeare say, mainly because I haven't read half of the material. No doubt the material, though it should be valuable, is boring--like the teachers who teach it. I know, it's a bit immature on my part but I wish I could convince myself that I'm not just digesting dates and names. Alright, so I can't justify my laziness--I'm lazy, I admit it. I can be like the rest of my peers who take this course and could care less.

I was reading this book on the right, Empire of Magic, about the rise of the 'romance' in the medieval era. While it is a literary book, there is also much history in it, too. I enjoy reading this book, and savour the history, so I'm wondering why I'm having trouble studying for my history exam. Suggestions?

1 Comments:

Blogger Vixen said...

Start studying the material you need, don't pick up books for pleasure reading until you are done all your studying. Also, comparative charts might help.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home