Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Monday, February 12, 2007

The Point of Confession

I was reading Heart-Shaped Box earlier, admitting as I was reading that I didn't possess a half-decent command of a technical poetic vocabulary to describe the cadences of prose. Are there any critics who have written about the pulse of a sentence, or a paragraph, or a chapter, or a section? Who has described - a writer - about the rhetorical significance of a run-on sentence, or vernacular speech, or dashes, or commas, or epigraphs, or section titles, or picto-graphic icons spread across a book, like the drawing of a heart in Heart-Shaped Box with each section number etched into its own heart?

Who can I read to understand better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home