Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Bat Out of Hell

Just a short update for now:

No joke . . . there's a bat in the house where I live. After arriving home from work tonight, I was notified by my soon-to-be-departing fellow tenant of today's mid-day appearance of the terrorizing bat in the house. The result: my bedroom door is firmly closed and locked, just to be sure. I have a leftover cup or two of coffee, water and orange juice, as well as a stash of two unopened bags of chips - Sweet Chili Heat and Black Pepper Jack - which I purposely left in a closet in my room, for the night.

As for books: tonight, I'm finishing John Webster's The White Devil. Tomorrow, I pick up my long awaited copy of Stephen King's son, Joe Hill's first novel, Heart-Shaped Box. And yesterday, I was reading Austin Clarke's The Question.

Addendum: I found the bat in the upstairs washroom near to my room, by accident. Just a little thing. Opened the downstairs door, caught the bat in a towel and tossed the towel outside. Good riddance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home