Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Living In A Rented Room

Just a short update:

I'm still adjusting to some of the bizarre anecdotes of living on my own in a rented room: such as, having to stand while filching Internet access, or the limited supply of food and drink, as well as a truncated snacking schedule, due to a limited weekly budget. Or dealing with a landlord who out-Mothers my own Mother, in addition to her daughter, who always arrives to collect rent at the earliest hours of the morning, as I lay asleep, and implores if she could have the money earlier in the month as it's convenient for her mortgage. Over a month ago, it was early morning peals of screaming between the landlord and a welfare tenant, who didn't like the way she was treating him but refused to move elsewhere. These days if I'm not shored up in my room, door locked, surreptitiously eating a late-night meal in the privacy of my room, watching a borrowed DVD movie, surfing the Internet, or reading a book, avoiding the 'little wants' ("Can you do this for me, Dave?") of the landlord, I'm spending time with Viv--the only good thing I have left in my life.

This photo (right) was taken last Saturday - we were dressed up for my work's Company X-mas Party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home