Incendium Amoris



"But I haven't lost the demons' craft and cunning: I've inherited
from them some useful things, but they won't be used for their benefit!"


--Robert de Boron, Merlin

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Something Rotten

While working today I was delighted to see William Golding's books re-relased by Faber & Faber - titles besides the infamous Lord of the Flies. So far I see they have re-printed The Spire, Pincher Martin and Inheritors - three books I will, eventually, get around to reading in the near future. However, it will have to wait as I have a review to write on Jasper Fforde's Something Rotten to enter a contest to win a $1000 scholarship from Chapters.

In other news, I recently decided that after I finish my degree I will have to put my graduate studies on hold - my parents won't support my academic endeavours financially (it's too much of a burden on their lives, they claim). Plus it's about time to establish myself - work full-time, move out, buy a new car - and eventually down the road I'll write that M.A. on the New Weird movement (Neil Gaiman and China Mieville come to mind). Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home